« Home | The Iranian President's Letter » | Bubble Economy » | A New Product Channel for SNDK » | Management at Tandy Leather Factory Increases the ... » | Huntsman Corporation, HUN 1Q06 » | Barrick Gold Corporation, ABX 1Q06 » | Cooper Tire & Rubber Company: 1Q06 » | JAH – Jarden Corporation, 1Q06 Results. » | A Discount Dynasty » | Burkle and McClatchy » 

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 

11 Best Quotes on Wonder

If I had influence with the good fairy who is supposed to preside over the christening of all children, I should ask that her gift to each child in the world be a sense of wonder so indestructible that it would last throughout life. Rachel Carson

People usually consider walking on water or in thin air a miracle. But I think the real miracle is not to walk either on water or in thin air, but to walk on earth. Every day we are engaged in a miracle which we don't even recognize: a blue sky, white clouds, green leaves, the black, curious eyes of a child -- our own two eyes. All is a miracle. Thich Nhat Hanh

If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change. Buddha

The world will never starve for want of wonders, but only from want of wonder. G. K. Chesterson

Stuff your eyes with wonder ... live as if you'd drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It's more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories. Ray Bradbury

From wonder into wonder existence opens. Lao Tzu

Wonder rather than doubt is the root of knowledge Abraham Joshua Herschel

He who wonders discovers that this in itself is wonder. M. C. Escher

Before the ice is in the pools,
Before the skaters go,
Or any cheek at nightfall
Is tarnished by the snow,
Before the fields have finished,
Before the Christmas tree,
Wonder upon wonder
Will arrive to me!

Emily Dickinson

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed. Albert Einstein

I wonder why. I wonder why.
I wonder why I wonder.
I wonder why I wonder why
I wonder why I wonder!

Richard Feynman

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from vega5960 tagged with wonder. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates